Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I'm In!

Hello everyone. Thanks for checking my blog out. I won't post on this regularly until right before, and during my stay in Greece. I'll post pictures and let everyone know what Greece is like. (I'm guessing it will be amazing...just a guess)

I got online and did some research as to where I'll be when I'm in Greece. I will be studying at the University of Crete in Chania. Chania is a small city on the Northwestern coast of Crete. The dorms are 0.6 miles away from the beach...:-) This is the library where I'll be studying. The campus looks pretty neat. It has a student population during the year of 2,600 undergraduate students and 600 graduate students, though it will be mostly empty during the summer save the few students who stay over the summer for various reasons.

Needless to say, I'm really, really, really excited. I accepted my spot in the program today, so it's 100% official. The International Institute for Political and Economic Studies (IIPES) gave me $1,500 scholarship, which is a great help. The program costs a total of $3,500, plus approximately $1,750 for travel and other expenses. I am applying for the Hall Family Grant, which helps fund Jewell students studying overseas during the summer months. I am hopeful that scholarship will provide the rest of the money that I need, but I am also ready to work quite a bit while I'm still in the states this summer to make enough money to go.

If you have any questions about the program or why I am going, shoot me an e-mail or reply to this post. My e-mail is chambersa@william.jewell.edu.

Later!

No comments: